Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The wonderful Matt Mourning of Dotage (one of my favorite urban blogs ever), has -- for some reason -- seen fit to link to Our Little Easy in his latest ( and ever-marvelous) post, despite my not-very-urgent posting schedule here. The two prior posts were actually typed and put up after the good folks at STLPechaKucha asked me to present, and I decided to present on Old North...and had nothing to offer up as URL except this pathetic little blog, and its handful of posts.

OK; I've learned my lesson. At least one post a week. You never know what might happen! So this is a wake-up call. The other thought I had was this: I started this blog so that I would have a nice record of the process of buying and working on a rehab in Old North. Sort of like keeping a picture album, back in the days when network TV and Fotomats were cutting-edge cultural instutions. My first instinct is to offer some back-tracking to chronicle what's happened with the house thus far, and really, since we've made about as much progress with the house as with the blog, I guess this isn't a complete and total tragedy; the most interesting stuff has not happened yet. Though I think my next entry will be about the epic battle that took place in the new garden beds over the past few rainy weeks, when I marched out into the side yard, armed with a spray bottle of peroxide water, to do battle with the dreaded, mulch-loving Dog Vomit Slime Mold, aka Caca de Luna...

No comments: