Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Fool, Undertaking an Adventure



Well, it may be good that I haven't posted anything so far. The odyssey began tonight ... we (I) put a contract down on the wee house on Palm. Now - to see if we can get a loan in this utterly crummy credit market! Though I think of how the GDP goes up when people get cancer or forests fall, I am hoping, for my own selfish reasons, that all stays well while we work on getting the rehab loan locked down and work on this tiny house. It's not even 700 s.f., and I am planning on making it as passive and off-the-grid as possible. We'd also like to lease the land next door and plant the garden to end all gardens and perhaps even put in a small henhouse and some beehives. Pipe dreams? Hopefully the pipes are made of PEX. Eeek! I am scared. Worst case scenario we lose our earnest money, best case scenario we'll very soon have some rehab pics to post. B. suggested we ask K., who is selling the house, if we can do some cleanout in the meantime. I didn't have the gall to ask tonight; I call Rick, our kungfu mortage guy, tomorrow and see about getting the paperwork moving. I'm a little scared about the underwriting because I don't have  a ton of cash in my checking account like I did this spring when we almost closed on the house on St. Louis Ave. I'll just pray that everything's going to work out. I feel a little dizzy and a bit like the Fool on the Tarot card, which is why he's lording over this post as a graphic. 

No comments: